Thursday, December 10, 2009

Un Cumpleaños Muy Feliz

My 21st birthday in Spain was absolutely wonderful. It was nice, mellow, I got to spend it with a bunch of my friends, and I had an absolutely amazing time. I know that is not the way that most people describe their 21st birthdays, but mine was perfect.

Although I had classes and all that, I got to spend most of the day feeling like I was on top of the world. My friends were absolutely wonderful all day, as was my mamá. She even bought me a present, a beautiful necklace and bracelet, as well as chocolate cake! It was delicious.

When I got into my history class that afternoon, I walked in and the entire class sang happy birthday. I had a seat all set up for me with 21 different types of candy (you know how I love candy) and a huge card that everybody had signed. I almost cried!! (Okay, so I had tears in my eyes but shh don't tell anybody).

After class, a bunch of my girl friends and I went out for Chinese food for dinner. The restaurant had such a wonderful menu that only costs 8 euros and 50 cents per person and the food just keeps coming and coming. It was delicious! The girls (and Kristen's wonderful boyfriend John) all went around the table and said their favorite memories of me. Then, like they do in Natalie's family every time there is a birthday, they all said something about me that they admire or love about me. Seriously, I started crying at that point. The things they had to say were so wonderful. I don't think that I've ever heard such amazing things. Honestly, these girls (and John) are so amazing. They are absolute sweethearts and I love every single last one of them.

Afterward we went to a café we like to call the Comfy Café because they have super comfortable chairs and it is a wonderful atmosphere. We all ordered (very expensive) mixed/blended drinks and, once again, they were delicious. When the girls told the waiter that it was my birthday, he brought me a little treat with a sparkler, it was brilliant!

By that point, everybody was getting tired so we kinda split up. Many of them went home, but I stopped in to see if anybody had showed up at the bar that night so that we could grab a few drinks. Luckily (and I say this in the nicest way possible) almost nobody did. I was greatful that Steven, Kayla, Paul, and Brian all made their way over. It was so sweet of them! Unfortunately I was exhausted, and we had class at 8 in the morning the next day, so we only stayed for one drink and then went home.

Like I said, it was a very relaxing and low key 21st birthday. I loved it that way though. I got to spend it with some of the most wonderful people in the entire world and I was so happy to be with them. Although I missed my family and my friends back home, I know that I will be able to celebrate with them when I get home (which happens to be in EXACTLY one week. Aka in one week I will have already been in San Francisco for almost exactly one hour!!).

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of my birthday. The only two people who have pictures are Maryn and Aubrea. Aubrea was trying to e-mail me pictures, but her computer crashed (poor Aubrea!!) and Maryn... well I don't know when I will ever get those pictures ;) When I get the pictures, though, I will definitely post them!

Thank you so much to all of my friends who made my birthday so wonderful. Thank you to my family who called or e-mailed, and to everybody else who has been there the past 21 years (all of them, or just some of them) and who have made them - for the most part - absolutely wonderful. I am so lucky that I have the people I do in my life and I look forward to having them by my side for the rest of the years I am here.

I love all of you guys. Thank you for making my 21st birthday absolutely unforgettable (once again, not something that very many people can say about their 21st!).

No comments:

Post a Comment