Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Adios a los Estados Unidos!

My flight out of the United States is today.

Maryn and I leave San Francisco at 4:55. We have a layover in London, and then we make our way from there to Madrid. Once we get there, we have a little bit of a time crunch to get to the hotel we are staying at. Our flight lands at 4:30 and we are supposed to be at the hotel by 6. We will see how that goes.

As of right now, I am all packed and ready to go. I think I packed too much, but as my dad said, I am going to be there for three months and I don't quite know what situations I will need to dress for so I needed to take everything otherwise I'd be left with nothing to wear. (Thanks Daddy!)

This is going to be a short post, but I just wanted to kick off my "aventura española" with a blog entry. For those of you who are reading this, thank you! Feel free to leave comments, etc. I will be posting pictures, writing stories, and talking about my overall experience. I also write in my other blog (http://intelligentbabble.blogspot.com/), but I'm not sure how I'm going to determine what I write in this blog vs my other one. Feel free to follow both!

I'm a little nervous, but extremely excited. I'm looking forward to my time there and I'm hoping my experience will be a positive one.

In 24 hours I will be in Madrid. Crazy!

Adios amigos y familia en los estados unidos. ¡Te Amo!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel!!

    Have fun-- I'm so excited for you!!! I look forward to reading about your adventures!

    xox,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete