Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mommy y Jeffy viaja a España

Two weeks ago my mom and Jeff came to visit me in Spain. It was so wonderful to see them! They went to Toledo for a day, and then headed over to Salamanca where I met them on Saturday. Our Cal Poly group had a day trip there, so Mommy and Jeffy got to tour around with us while I attempted to translate what our tour guide was saying. Generally the most they got was "Something happened in the sixteenth century..."

Astronaut engraved on the wall of the Salamanca cathedral


The entire day, the weather was not very good. When we got there it was cold and windy, and then around lunch time it started to POUR rain. That was okay, though, because we were able to duck into a little restaurant-café and have lunch. The rest of the day, we toured around and hung out. We walked along the river a little bit and then caught a train back to Valladolid.

Me and Mommy on top of the cathedral

Salamanca (I just really liked this picture)

The next day I ate a wonderful breakfast at their hotel and then we got to go to the Sunday "mercadillo" with Helena and Maryn. There were booths with new clothes and stuff, but then there was also a flea market type section that was super cool. It looked like a bunch of stolen stuff, but we had fun walking through it and looking at all the cool old things like sewing machines, books, and old keys. I got a few good pictures, and Mommy bought me some old keys.

Books at the market

Keys from "el mercadillo"

That day we went to eat Chinese food which was actually really good! It was very similar to the Chinese food we get at home. I think Mommy and Jeffy liked it too. That night we ate at a little café and we were all happy because nobody was smoking! That's pretty rare for Spain.

The next day, Monday, I had class and Mommy and Jeffy took the bus out to the Centro de Idiomas and joined us for my Oral Communication class and met my mamá. I then took them back to my apartment so they could see where I live, and we grabbed tapas for lunch (Jeff really wanted to try out a tapas bar, so I took him to one... I think he was disappointed because he had a very different conception of what a "tapas bar" is).

Me and Eva, my "mamá"

Me and Mommy outside of the law school

Monday night Mommy and Jeffy took me, Helena and Maryn out to a delicious dinner. It was so wonderful!

I had an awesome time with them while they were here. I am sad I couldn't spend more time with them, but I am looking forward to seeing them when I get home in less than a month! I am also looking forward to spending time with the other half of my family when they get here on SUNDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment