Thursday, November 19, 2009

Los partidos de fútbol

So far in Spain I have been to two fútbol games. The first one was Valladolid or "Pucela" against Mallorca, and the second one was a friendly between España and Argentina. I had so much fun at both of those games! I don't think I've posted pictures of the Valladolid game, and I know I haven't posted any of the España game. I just wanted to share with all of you at home because these games were both so much fun and if you ever come to visit Spain or Europe, I highly recommend that you go to a futbol game.

 Cheering with all the "Pucela" fans and the Valladolid game

 
Valladolid fútbol stadium.. "Pucela" is the colloquial term for "Valladolid"

This past Saturday seven of us headed out to Madrid and got to spend the day there. Our main stop was a Mexican food restaurant named "Sí Señor." It was absolutely delicious.

Tacos, nachos, guac, salsa.... yum!

We had a wonderful time that entire day and the game was so much fun! We got to see some of the best players in the entire world play against each other (my mamá says that she thinks Messi is the best player in the world). Even though it was just a "friendly," both teams played their hearts out. Argentina got a bunch of yellow cards, but España won the game. There were so many fans from both teams, and I wouldn't have traded my experience for anything.

 España and Argentina getting ready to play

Atletico Madrid stadium for the España vs Argentina game

Iker Casillas ... one of the best goal keepers in the entire world

España's winning PK!!

 Helena, Maryn, me, Steph and Laura with our España "bufandas" (bufanda means scarf)

Thank you SO much to Becca for going through all that trouble to get us all those tickets. I know you went out of your way and we all appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment