Monday, October 5, 2009

El Choque Cultural

Okay, so I just e-mailed my mom a story that I thought was pretty funny. It really shows the cultural differences between Valladolid, Spain and San Luis Obispo, California.

I don't want to rewrite the entire thing because I actually want to go to bed right now so that I don't sleep through my alarm like I did this morning (yeah, not fue bueno), but here is what I wrote:

My mamá washes, drys, and irons all my clothes. And by all.... I mean ALL my clothes. I walked in to my room the other day and on my bed there were three pairs of my jeans, and on top was a very nicely ironed and folded white Hanes t-shirt. Like, the kind that I wear on days when I don't want to get up and get ready for class.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny because that is probably one of the least important things to have ironed. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the first Hanes white-t to have ever been remotely close to an iron.

(P.S. El Choque Cultural = Culture Shock)

No comments:

Post a Comment