Friday, October 9, 2009

mi primero fin de semana largo

In about two hours I will be on my first solo adventure while in Spain!

Some of us girls are heading to Barcelona for our long weekend. We are staying at a very highly ranked (safety, comfort, etc.) hostel in the city, and are planning on having the time of our lives. We are taking an overnight bus from Valladolid to Barcelona. The bus is about 10 hours, so we will arrive on the other side of Spain at 7 in the morning. I am not planning on getting too much sleep this weekend.

I am not quite sure which things I want to see while I'm in Barcelona, but I am looking forward to seeing whatever is there. I have the Michelin Green Guide to Spain, and I am planning on taking some of the time on the bus to look up different things that I want to do while in Barcelona. I know one thing I would like to see is the Barca fútbol stadium. I will go wherever the wind takes me, though.

Anyway, I will write all about Barcelona when I get back on Monday.

Something else exciting that happened today is that I booked my plane tickets to Italy for the four day weekend we have at the beginning of December!! It is like a dream come true. I honestly can't wait until I get to see Italy. We are taking an extra day off school and spending five days in Rome, Florence, and Milan. We fly in to Rome on Thursday, December 3 and fly out of Milan on Tuesday, December 8. I have always wanted to see Italy, and I can't believe that I finally get to go!

My calendar is looking pretty packed for the next two months what with different trips, family visiting, and school. I am looking forward to seeing my dad in Switzerland in two weeks, to my mom and Jeff coming to visit at the beginning of November, and then my dad, Cindy, sisters, and family friends to come at the end of November.

These next two months will be absolutely amazing. I can't wait to share my experiences with all of you :)

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to hear all about barcelona and italy!!!!! =)

    you're going to have so much fun! and i'm really glad that your family's going up to visit.

    i miss you!!!!! you sound happy. i hope you are.

    keep taking pictures, missy! i want to see them when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I am so excited for you! I am also really really jealous. I have been missing Europe so much latly I wish I could just move there for a little bit (but I have a feeling that if I left I woudln't come back).
    I am sorry I haven't been e-mailing you but I have been thinking of you. It sounds like you are having so much fun. Don't feel guilty about going out and not doing ALL of your work. When else are you going to be able to party like a local in Spain? I miss you and have fun!

    -Caitlin

    ps I can't figure out how to make a profile

    ReplyDelete